Bachelors of Science (Undergrad Program)
BS Program Disciplines
The following disciplines are offered in BS Program:
- BS in Computer Science
- BS in Mathematics
- Admission in BS (Computer Sciences and Mathematics) shall be granted purely on merit basis partially prescribed in admission notice and fully informed in this admission policy.
- All undergraduate degree programs are regular/full time programs.
- Only those candidates who secure at least 20 marks in preadmission test (No negative marking in test) will be eligible to apply for admission BS Degree Program.
- The Program-wise seat distribution is as under.
- Admission shall be awarded strictly on merit based upon the performance in SSC/HSC (equivalent examination) and pre-admission entry test. Merit will be determined through mechanism explained in section 5
|S.No.||Program||No. of Seats|
|1||BS Computer Science (Morning Program)||50|
|2||BS Computer Science (Evening Program)||50|
|3||BS Mathematics (Morning Program)||50|
|4||BS Mathematics (Evening Program)||50|
General Eligibility of Candidates
The candidate seeking admission in BS (Computer Sciences/Mathematics) Program, must meet the following eligibility criteria.
- Intermediate with Pre-Engineering or Computer Science, securing at least 50% marks in aggregate or any other examination of a Foreign University / Institution /Examining Body, equivalent to Intermediate with Mathematics. Equivalence and percentage of marks will be determined by IBCC Or Diploma of Associate Engineering (in relevant field), securing at least 60% marks in aggregate.
- Students of Intermediate (Pre-Medical) are eligible for admission in BS (Computer Science) only, however, all such students must pass deficiency courses of Mathematics of 6 credit hours within one year of their regular studies.
- Candidate should not be more than 25 years of age till last date of registration for pre-admission test.
Ineligibility of Candidates
- The candidates who have passed the last qualifying examination H.S.C. / D.A.E. with less than 50% aggregate marks.
- Candidates having secured less than 20% marks in the pre-admission test shall not be eligible for the admission.
- The candidate has not obtained equivalence certificate from the Chairman Inter Board Committee Islamabad before last date of submission of application for preadmission (if applicable).
- Candidate whose academic certificates are found tempered. A legal Criminal action would be taken against such candidate(s).
- Candidate who has already obtained admission elsewhere in Pakistan unless he/she submits cancellation certificate of admission from the said institution.
- Convicted by a Court of law for an offense involving moral turpitude.
- Candidate must register online with their own CNIC number at admissions.duet.edu.pk before filling up form. Please save your password for onward use at admission portal. All information regarding admissions will be communicated via Student Admission Portal and SMS will be sent to candidate mobile numbers to check admission portal whenever an update is ready.
- After registration on admissions.duet.edu.pk student is required to fill up Admission Form present in Admission Portal.
- Candidates are requested to provide complete and true, personal / educational information in online admission form. Please provide complete postal and permanent addresses for smooth communication of admit cards / interview letters, later.
- Candidates are required to upload recent passport size photograph in online admission application form. Admit card will not be issued to candidates who uploaded casual pictures.
- In the application form it is mandatory for candidates to provide their active mobile number for quick alternative communication. The candidates shall be intimated through text message to see their data in student portal, whenever there is an update. A candidate will be able to see only his / her own data by logging in through his/ her CNIC number at admissions.duet.edu.pk.
- Print Fee Voucher generated after submission of form and submit Rs. 1500/- in any branch of Sindh Bank Ltd.
- After verification of fee payment / picture, admit cards shall be available on the admission portal of candidate (admissions.duet.edu.pk), which can be downloaded and printed by logging in with CNIC number and password. SMS will be sent on given mobile numbers of the candidate only after admit card generation. Candidate must get admit card from online system. Admit card will be mandatory to sit in exam.
- University will conduct test at venue and time to be communicated to students via the student portal and admit cards.
- Candidates are not allowed to bring calculators, Mobile Phones, or any other communication devices, erasing fluids, ladies purse, bags, and books in test centre premises. Any Candidate, if found, of possessing any of the material mentioned above in the examination hall during the test shall be disqualified from appearing in the test.
- DUET shall announce general meritlist on the website / student portal, and test score within 7 working days after the test. Limited number of candidates shall be called for interview as per merit.
- University reserves the right to withhold/cancel the result of the Pre- Admission Test of any candidate if he/she was found using any unfair means in the test or candidate has carried out impersonation in the test.
Determination of merit position
The merit list of the candidates will be prepared according to following weightage. Percentage of marks in multiplying weightage
- Matriculation (or equivalent certificate) 10%
- Intermediate /Diploma (or equivalent certificate) 40%
- Pre-admission entry test 50%
- Based upon the above weightage the Composite Percentage Number (CPN) will be calculated as under CPN= 0.1 [Percentage Marks in matriculation (or equivalent certificate)] + 0.4 [Percentage Marks in Intermediate (or equivalent certificate)] + 0.5 [percentage obtained in preadmission test].
- Preadmission test will be based intermediate level as per following distribution. A. English (25%) B. Physics (25%) C. Mathematics/Biology (25%) D. Chemistry/Computer Sciences (25%)
- In case of tie for merit position in the selection for admission, the tie will be resolved based on marks obtained in pre-admission test. In case of further tie, it will be resolved based on age.
Scrutiny of the application and interview
- After the scrutiny of the application forms and announcement of the result of pre-admission test, the merit list will be prepared, and an appropriate number of students will be called to present themselves before the admission committee for Interview and verification of original academic documents on the notified dates.
- The names of those candidates who fail to present themselves before the admission committee on the scheduled date and time, without any intimation, shall be deleted from the merit list of the concerned category. They shall not be considered for admission. Their absence shall amount to forfeit of their right of admission. Any claim in this regard shall not be entertained.
- Only original documents shall be accepted by admission committee. No exception shall be allowed. The candidate must produce original first mark sheet of HSC issued by the concerned board at the time of interview failing which his/her name will be deleted from the merit list.
- On acceptance of admission the original intermediate combined mark-sheet shall be retained by Admission Department.
- The decision of the admission committee shall be final. The selected candidates shall submit the following forms (Available on University website) at the time of reporting to concerned Chairperson of Department.
- Declaration of non-participation in political activities and non-indulgence in unwanted activities on judicial stamp paper of Rs. 100.
- Medical fitness certificate
- Performa for University Identity Card.
- Enrolment form of University
Enrolment with DUET
- The selected candidates will have to fill up enrolment form of the University and complete all the relevant formalities for enrolment at the time of Interview. Without having Enrolment Card they will not be allowed to appear in the semester examination.
Cancellation/ withdrawal of admission
- Concealment of facts at the time of seeking admission or non-submission of complete and genuine documents or tempering with them or falsifying would mean that the student has been admitted illegally. In such case the admission of the student shall be cancelled. University also reserves the right to initiate legal action against such student.
- The Competent Authority may cancel the admission of any student at any stage after giving an opportunity of hearing at the appropriate forum.
- Student who remains absent continuously for three weeks from the date of commencement of classes without information to the authorities concerned/ chairman of the department, his /her admission shall stand cancelled automatically without issuing any notice thereof.
- Student who fails to appear in any complete semester examination shall not be eligible for promotion to next semester. However, he/she can apply for re-admission in same semester with following Batch.
- In case of any discrepancy or misinterpretation, the decision of the competent authority shall be final and binding on the applicant and shall not be challengeable in the court of Law.
FEE AND OTHER MISCELLANEOUS CHARGES REGULATIONS
- Fee Payable once at the time of admission Head of Account Local Student (Pak Rupees) Foreign Student (USD) Enrolment fee 1500 (once) 1st Semester: $250
- Document Verification fee 2000 (once) ID Card 500 once Security (Refundable) 5000/- (once) Total 1st Semester: 9000/-
- Semester Fee for BSCS program. Fee payable at the beginning of each semester (including first semester) Head of Account Local Student (Pak Rupees) Foreign Student (USD) Admission Fee 6000/- (per semester) $400 Tuition Fee 30000/- (per semester) Transport 2000/- (per semester) Games Fee 1000/- (per semester) Library Fee 1000/- (per semester) Laboratory fee 1000/- (per semester) Examination fee 2000/- (per semester) Development Fee 2000 / (per semester) Total 45000/- $400
- Semester Fee for BS-Mathematics program. Fee payable at the beginning of each semester (including first semester). Head of Account Local Student (Pak Rupees) Foreign Student (USD) Admission Fee 6000/- (per semester) $300 Tuition Fee 15000/- (per semester) Transport 2000/- (per semester) Games Fee 1000/- (per semester) Library Fee 1000/- (per semester) Laboratory fee 1000/- (per semester) Examination fee 2000/- (per semester) Development Fee 2000 / (per semester) Total 30000/- $300
Fee Refund Policy%age of Fee* Timeline for Fee Refund Full (100%) Fee Refund Up to 7th day of commencement of classes Half (50%) Fee Refund From 8th – 15th day of commencement of classes No Fee (0%) Refund From 16th day of commencement of classes
- % age of fee shall be applicable for all component of fee except for security and admission charges
- Timeline shall be calculated continuously, covering both weekdays and weekend
Modifications of regulations
- These regulations are subject to modification by the competent authorities of the University as may be felt appropriate from time to time.
- Admission Policy
- General Eligibility of Candidates
- Ineligibility of Candidates
- Application Process
- Determination of merit position
- Scrutiny of the application and interview
- Enrolment with DUET
- Cancellation/ withdrawal of admission
- FEE AND OTHER MISCELLANEOUS CHARGES REGULATIONS
- Fee Refund Policy
- Modifications of regulations